Sunday, August 22, 2010

Chapter 8- Tutors

Chapter 8- Tutors

‘It’s complicated it always is…that’s just the way it goes...’ that’s mine said Stephen as he let go of Thembi’s hand and answered his phone. ‘Steve, hello.’ ‘What am I doing?’ thought Thembi as she watched Stephen walk away. ‘How ironic that song, this is complicate. How can something so right be so wrong? How I wish those green hazel eyes could gaze into mine and I could easily be swept away into another...’ Her thoughts were disturbed as she remembered the fury in Mr Jan’s face, back to reality!... Her heart filled with uncertainty, she frowned.

Is Thembi having second thoughts on this new relationship? Should she walk away? What must happen next? It’s up to you now. I’ll be waiting... (^^,)

‘Thembeka!’, she jumped at the sound of a familiar voice, her mother. ‘What is going on mtana wam?’ her eyes could not meet with her mother’s eye sin fear of what she would find there. ‘What do you think your father would say about this? Not to mention uGogo.’ Nona’s face filled with disappointment.
‘Mama, you have always told me to follow my heart. You and dad got married for love against all odds, you followed your heart Ma.’ That was different’, said Nona as she wiped a tear running down her daughters cheek. ‘You and I both know it will never work between you two, you are too…you’re very different. ’
Nona looked at her daughter, touched her arm and said. ‘I want you to be married to a good man …’
Mama, by good you mean a black Xhosa man!’
‘Do not raise your voice Thembeka’
‘I am sorry mama, but you do not know how I feel.’
‘Ssshh…, said Nona, You must understand, this is very wrong in may ways mtana wam’
‘But Ma…’
‘No buts, izithethe namsiko ethu will not be compromised because of a white boy. We can never take him to Eastern Cape to see your Gogo and the rest of our family…Start forgetting about him, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment